Podcast Interview on the Doingness of Calling with Maildoma Some
What an honor it was to meet with Malidoma who speaks with such clarity and conviction about the process of birthing of our calling.
In this 30-minute interview, we speak of:
- Malidoma’s personal story of understanding and embodying his calling.
- How to face and embrace the inner storms that come with trying to clarify and live our calling, from confusion and disappointment to anger and loss.
- How to translate messages from the Mystery so that they feed an embodied calling
- The importance of imagination, story, and the ancestors
- The relationship between trust or “hanging in there” and clarity.
- Pain as an initiatory process
- The importance of gestation, and allowing a full-term birth of our calling
Here is a short bio if you are not familiar with Malidoma Patrice Some:
Malidoma Patrice Some is from Burkina Faso, West Africa. In his native language, Malidoma means “be friends with the stranger”. A gifted medicine man of the Dagara tribe, he holds three master’s degrees and two doctorates, from the Sorbonne and Brandeis. He is the author of, Of Water and the Spirit, Ritual, and The Healing Wisdom of Africa. In his own words, he is, “the voice of the wisdom” of his ancestors. www.malidomasome.com